How to make money with an online business seems to be a question many people ask, people tired of office politics, low pay, mums not wanting to leave kids in daycare all day and people looking to earn extra income to supplement their income.
Learning how to make money with an online business sure topped my list in 2010 when I lost my job which I did not even like in the first place( I did not know it back then),but after losing the job,I started thinking of the pros and cons of being employed there, the cons much outweighed the pros and to be fair, the pro I could think of was the pay.
I had to find a way to make money and to do that I reasoned that I needed to build an online business. Many people are facing a similar situation.
Some find themselves unemployed with no job prospects after years in the labor force; others find themselves in a world of financial hurt after the death or divorce from a spouse. Still, others must learn how to make money with an online business to supplement their household or retirement income.
From my perspective, the top reason to learn how to make money with an online business is to pursue my own freedom. Regardless of where you find yourself today, I hope this post will help you zero in on how to make money at home with an online business like I did.
How To Make Money With An Online Business Step By Step
Set Up a Simple Blog Website
If you are looking for a little extra cash to save up for a new car or your next great family vacation, setting up a simple blog site might be just the ticket.
After a few months of posting, many bloggers find themselves earning good money from advertising revenue and selling affiliate products on your site.Check an earlier in detail post on how to be successful in affiliate marketing.
In any case, you will need a website. Please don’t let that freak you out as it did me a few years ago when I was at the mercy of professional web designers and couldn’t afford the price tag.
Creating a website is easy if you have a step by step guide and you do not need to be tech savvy in any way. I know the thought of creating a website scared me but this program which is free to join helped me create a professional looking website in no time and with no prior experience what so ever.
With a reputable online learning university like Wealthy Affiliate, you can easily build your own blog website and learn how to start making money from home. Wealthy Affiliate lets you start with a free membership. Click here to Check Wealthy Affiliate.
Getting Set Up To Make Money With An Online Business
Before I get into listing all the ways to make money with an online business let’s get clear about what it takes to set up an online business.
Not all businesses can be operated online, but every business can be marketed online. If you are a dentist, a lawyer, a hair stylist or a tradesman of some kind, you must have a physical location for your business.
Many other types of businesses can easily be operated online as long as you have a website and a way to deliver products and services to customers.Since e-commerce is at the heart of online business you will need:
- A merchant account to collect credit card payments
- A shopping cart software system
- A secure server
- Software to process transactions and send appropriate information to all parties of the transaction
Phew! That already seems pretty complicated…at least that what I thought when I began to read about how to make money with an online business.
But let me help you out here…if making money with an online business was really all that technical, no one would venture into it and no one except for those very few with a technical background would succeed, all these are easy to achieve with the right training that you can start all for free click here to try it for free.
21 Ways to Make Money From Home
- Set up an eBay or Amazon Store
- Set up an online boutique store and market your own hand-made specialty items like jewelry, handbags, custom printed clothing, etc.
- Set up a virtual store with Volusion or Shopify
- Market rentals and houses for sale for a finders fee
- Become an online matchmaker and sell subscription fees
- Become an authoritative content provider and make money with sponsored ads
- Design and flip websites
- Buy domain names and flip them; see GoDaddy.com
- Become an online sales person and pitch affiliate products
- Market consulting services; charge hourly fees for working on specialized projects
- Become a Virtual Coach; offer eCoaching services, group coaching or 1-on-1 coaching services to small business owners, executives or people who want life coaching
- Write product reviews and market affiliate products(check an earlier post on writing a product review that people read)
- Sell educational services like tutoring or learning to pass certification tests
- Become a virtual assistant and work for West At Home, American Airlines or any major financial service company like Charles Schwab or MetLife
- Market your IT or writing skills on ODesk, Elance, Fiverr or RentaCoder
- Turn your expertise into an online product funnel by creating and selling your own information products such as Reports, Ebooks, Training Programs, Audio Programs. How to Learning Videos
- Create and sell software products to assist internet marketers
- Create and sell Apps for Kindle readers, iPhones, Smart Phones and iPads
- Create a subject-specific Members Only site and charge monthly fees
- Become a Reviewer for local businesses and get paid through referral fees
- Become a Self-Help Guru and market online seminars, self-help books, and inspirational videos.
Conclusion on How to Make Money With An Online Business
Pick one of the ways that interest you
the most to make money at home listed above and don’t try to do too many things at once. Focus is one of the keys to success with an online business or any make money from home venture. By focusing on one venture, you will be more successful than trying to do it all at the same time.
Don’t try to be all things to all people. The most successful online business ventures are niched to serve a specific target audience with specific solutions to their problems.
Just as you can’t spread yourself too thin and succeed, you cannot possibly be all things to all people. Doing so makes absolutely no sense from a marketing point of view and it becomes a sure path for burnout from an operating point of view.
Get help from someone who knows the ropes. It takes awhile to make money with a new start-up business of any kind and an online business is no different. Do not be fooled by a slick internet marketer who tells you otherwise.
The learning curve can be steep because there are a number of skills to be mastered and strategies to learn. Having a mentor to guide you will make a huge difference in your learning curve. Never be afraid to ask for help. This program has a 24/7 help from some very successful online marketers.