Freelance writers have been around for quite a while. Traditionally, most freelance writers were experts on subjects such as tax planning, law, or even science subjects they chose to write on.
How The Internet Has Changed Things
Advantages Of Freelance Writing For A Freelance Writer
From the perspective of a freelance writer, advantages are
- There is the greater flexibility of time.
- There is more potential to earn from different sites
- Less traveling is involved so it is less tiring and freelance writer also has more time on his or her hand apart from saving that money on travel;
- Since there is no physical supervision, there is less stress and fewer office politics to deal with as well;
- A freelancer can decide whether or not the price is right for the work unlike in regular job;
- As a freelance writer you do not require major equipment or skill sets for starting the job;
- Freelance jobs can be got easily though rates differ so you get to pick and choose the jobs you like if the price is right.
Negatives of freelance writing jobs are
- Reliability of employer is difficult to determine. It takes a while to develop a set of clients who will offer regular jobs;
- There has to be some inherent discipline as it is easy to lose the clients too;
When managing multiple clients, it can prove to be quite challenging. A freelance writer should ensure that invoices are not raised on wrong parties, and specifications of each party are adhered to.
Since there are no firm rates, rates can be beaten down by clients. Though there are many websites, content writing for them is not a regular requirement. Consequently, rates may be lower at times. This leads to unsteady income.
- You do not get credit for your work, the website owner do not have to mention you so your work belongs to someone else when published.
Home Based Service vs. Freelance Writer
- Develop a profile of what type of writing jobs you are capable of. Some people are good in writing for medical journals, while others excel in general writing. If you do specialize in any area, it would be nice to highlight as it might draw clients who are willing to pay higher;
- Join sites such as Linkedin. They are universal sites. Many clients look for writers from there.
Create a free website here, duly mentioning your skill sets, for relevant jobs. Now do some guest blogging, and search social media sites for work. You can also browse sites and check for career requirements in them. Alternately, you can offer your services to them.
- Learn here how to be a better writer.
There are enough freelancer jobs online and you`ll soon be writing articles so let some learning curve not stop you. We all have to start somewhere so don`t let fear stop you.
Now I know creating a website might sound scary, but believe me, it`s so easy you will have your site up and running in minutes. You will not only learn how to create a website but how to promote your business as a freelancer or whatever you choose.
Click here To Build A Free Website