Jumia online shopping is a site that sells various items such as electronic appliances, home appliances, clothes, shoes and many others through the online market.
This trade was founded in 2012 by a group of Nigerian men. It has spread its services to other parts of Africa and is now among the top online shopping sites that are trusted and thus used by most people.
Jumia online shopping has proved to be very convenient to many of its users. This site is readily available to everyone at any time of the day and all the days of the week.
Any Risks With Jumia Online Shopping?
In short, it works on a 24-hour basis. The package also comes with a risk-free guarantee. This is possible because you do not have to buy an item before you are fully satisfied with the product.
Like most of the online shopping platforms, your product will be delivered to you in the comfort of your home.
Jumia also has offices in different cities and countries in Africa so you can opt to Pick up your shopping from the offices.
The package also comes with a risk-free guarantee. This is possible because you do not have to buy an item before you are fully satisfied with it.
What Is Jumia Online Shopping Affiliate
One of the good things about Jumia is its affiliate program. If you have a blog with good traffic, you can sign up to be an affiliate at Jumia.
You will have to sign via CJ as a Publisher and once you are accepted, you can start driving traffic to your website or blog and if you make sales, you will earn commissions.
The banners and text links that you generate at CJ.com are the ones that you will place on your blog or website.
The Jumia affiliate shopping is still in its early stages since it is barely two years old in most areas but that does not mean that it is not profitable.
Jumia ad banners and text links can attract customers if they are relevant to what your target audience needs and if they are in visible positions on your website.
Text links should preferably be short and descriptive if you want them to attract clicks.
A good example would be, “Buy latest Jumia Shoes here.” It is also in your best interest that you keep tabs on your performance in CJ.com.
The payout threshold is $100 which you can withdraw as soon as it accumulates.
If you do not own a website or blog, you can still be a Jumia affiliate. You can sign up to a Jumia affiliate after which you are given a unique link.
You can then post it on social media sites such as Facebook, Twitter, Google+ among others or you can create a free website here
Discussion forums are also a good place to post your link due to its high conversion rate.
Whatever you do, always ensure to place your link where it is related to the subject being discussed otherwise you risk being marked spam.
These methods tend to be tedious you have to build a good reputation in social media or people will just ignore your links.
Pros of being a Jumia affiliate
• High commissions of up to 11%
• Jumia banners have some of the latest designs. They can thus attract lots of customers to click on them and thus buy goods through your affiliate link.
• Premium publishers in Jumia are entitled to premium commission every now and then.
• Jumia has a highly efficient support team that is available 24/7. They solve affiliates’ issues within a short period of time.
• A single product feed in Jumia can contain 50,000 products or more thus give you wide variety to choose from.
• Payment can be made through local bank transfer.
- online shopping is relatively new in Africa so you might struggle to make sales.
- You can refer several customers to Jumia but if none of them makes a purchase using your affiliate link you will not be paid anything.
- Jumia accepts cash on delivery, making it hard for an affiliate to track if a sale is made or not.
- Getting approved to be a Jumia affiliate is not easy if your website has low traffic.
Alternative Affiliate Programs Jumia online shopping
Apart from Jumia online shopping, there are other choices that are preferable and suggestions to explore. Such sites include my #1 recommendation, Share a Sale, Amazon Olx, Vconnect, Kaymu, Konga, and Dealdey among others.
Some of these sites such as Olx allow you to sell almost anything online. They have incredible selling prices, good delivery service, and the customer services are just great.
There are several Jumia affiliates who are already reaping big from their links. You can also be one of them if you already have a well-established blog.
Or if you are located in Africa, you can shop for different products at competitive prices.